Teresa of Avila



"A man's spirit sustains him in sickness,
but a crushed spirit who can bear?" (Proverbs 18:14)

Not sure who's gonna come across here and read it,
not sure why do I have this urge to keep this fragment of thought here...

It has been a year since I start medication.
The thought of relying on meds had never came across my mind, 
but the shadow is creeping...and hope is draining away...drop by drop (esp when physical condition is not promising)
I couldn't sort out the sadness and disappointments (?) until now,
a month after hearing the news that I shall continue the routine of visiting dr and taking medssss for at least one more year.

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? (Ps 13:2)

 
But I think the life of the woman above will encourage me...St. Teresa of Avila...some people say that she maybe the most mystical saint of all...

She suffered from continuous physical challenges (coma followed by temporarily paralyzed legs for 3 years, depression for 18 years, "mystical visions" throughout lifetime) since early twenties. By the age of 40, a remarkable vision of "the sorely wounded Jesus Christ" came upon her. She then engaged herself into the reformation of Doctrine, building convents in Spain. 

But what impress me most? 
She is a woman of prayer.

As a significant 15th Century Spanish Renaissance period writer, she dedicated her works on a single theme--PRAYER.

留言

熱門文章