You are invited!!!

When was the last time you were officially invited to a birthday party organized by the birthday girl (or boy) herself (or himself)?



I've received an invitation from my P.4 class mistress, who have left the school since then, to her birthday party!!! 

If I wasn't wrong, she was in her 60s now.

She was the first adult who had once entered into my world.
10 years slips through my fingers, like sand falling from my palm. 

Did I seize everyday and 'take my time'?

Here's an old Irish prayer printed on a bookmark given by her when I graduated from primary school:

Take time to work, it is the price of success.
Take time to think, it is the source of power.
Take time to play, it is the secret of perpetual youth.
Take time to read, it is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to be friendly, it is the road to happiness.
(Take time to dream, it is hitching your wagon to a star.)
Take time to love and be loved, it is the privilege of the Gods.
(Take time to look around, the day is too short to be selfish.)
Take time to laugh, it is the music of the soul. 

I've learnt to squeeze every bit of time (literally) on meaningful stuff since I was a kid. But this prayer surely has more wisdom, beyond my comprehension.

留言

熱門文章