A mytery - by Sai

Hi, my turn again...
After a day of tiresome work gotta write sth on our blog..frankly nothing comes my mind but just wanna share some of the books I've read recently.
1. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
It's a book written by the former editor-in-chief of the magazine "ELLE" (some of you may know its fame). In his book he wrote how lonely he was while suffering from paralysis after stroke. He could only function with his left eye and ears. Nothing else.
It's sometimes quite an irony people experience life and death no matter how successful they are. But the author's loneliness and his relationship with family denote an immense contrast while his stay in hospital. He died two days after his last book was published.
2. I Am Legend
The book in which I am indulging right now. Probably some of you have already watched the movie. Many people have told me I should watch this.
It's kind of torture if you are the only one alive in the world with consciousness. I would choose death if I were him. But somehow human being, in God's creature, would choose to survive under some tough conditions. It may be the effects of our adrenaline (maybe...) or our will-power to go through the difficulties. I've finished 1/6 of the book and intended to watch its vcd afterwards :D
3. The Bible and Soul Survivors and many other spiritual books
I found myself always reading many many books at the same time..a habit..probably...My bed is heaped with piles of books...I sleep with them everynight.....
Reading was my only hobby when I was young (right now many la...like swimming, cycling...probably wild camp and hiking and cooking and knitting later...hopefully la....:P). I love to dive deep into author's views and picture all the scenario in my mind. May you find great joy in reading too!

留言

Sai說…
Sorry..the topic is a mystery indeed...or i should be words like "joy of reading" ..etc la
Sinnerpig說…
Yes, your topic attracts my attention, and mystery is produced after I finish reading your blog. Now, the mystery is solved.

One comment, your reading habit is a bit like your eating habit. (Boston Cheescake, remember?)
Sai說…
Sorry, I forgot :P

熱門文章